A lot of visitors, tourists, or expat that are coming to Laos are wondering how do they get around. Is there any Taxi in Luang Prabang? Is there any Taxi Application in Luang Prabang? Well, YES, Laos also has the best taxi application called LOCA. With LOCA, you can request your ride from anywhere, anytime and your LOCA driver will come to you. The step is simple as below
1. First of all, download LOCA application where it is available on AppStore and Play store by typing LOCA on the search feature. It will show 2 applications of LOCA: one in white color and the other in black. Download the white one as the black one is only for drivers. www.loca.la/download
2. Next step, you open the application and choose which way you would like to sign up: whether by mail or by your Facebook page, both ways you will be asked to verify your phone number. Yes, we support worldwide phone numbers.
When signed in, the application appears with a map and the blue spot represents your location. Before requesting a ride, please make sure to press the location button to set your pick up location.
(please note that the road in Laos is tricky, it is best that you move your location pin to the ROAD line)
3. Then tap “BOOK NOW” and put your destination at the section “Add Drop-off location”, choose your payment method that is located at the bottom right. You can pay by Cash, Wallet, or Credit Card**. Make sure you put the right information and then press “Confirm Booking” to request a ride.
4. After you enter the drop off location, you will be able to see the estimated fare which will give you an idea about how much you will be paying. Note that the estimate is not your final fare, the final fare may be vary depending on your actual travel route and time duration.
5. When you are ready, you can press Confirm Booking to get the car to come to pick you up
**Convenience fee, such fee occurs for the individual booking that book via credit card. The fees of 4% + 3,000 LAK will be applied at the end of the trip when the transaction is complete. Booking with Cash or Wallet or Topup Wallet via credit card will not be subject to a Convenience fee